Hey it’s Megan,
Thank you for checking out my blog. If you are looking for great tips to writing a best man speech. As well as, a review of “Best Man Wedding Speeches – How to be Fearless, Funny and Flawless” a step-by-step guide to writing a memorable best man speech by longtime professional speech writer Dan Stevens. Then you have come to the right blog.
Firstly I just want to clarify that this post is an unbiased and honest review of Dan Steven’s how-to guide on writing a best man speech. This review will give you the ESSENTIAL details you need to know to before you buy a copy of this guide.
This is a review site: Click here to go to the Best Man Wedding Speeches Official website.
What exactly is “Best Man Wedding Speeches – How to be Fearless, Funny and Flawless” and more so, why do I care?
“Best Man Wedding Speeches” is very comprehensive, step-by-step guide to writing a best man speech created by a man who has written thousands upon thousands or wedding speeches, Dan Stevens.
This easy to follow, how-to-guide will walk you through the best man speech process from preparation, to putting pen to paper, and all the way to the performance. Giving all of the tips and techniques you will need to give a wedding speech they will love and cherish.
For example he gives you a not only best man speech tips, but information on speech etiquette, a list of fears and how to conquer them and even a section on how to hire a professional speech writer.
In addition to all of that Dan gives you 20 examples of actual speeches that he has written giving you the option of cutting and pasting different sections together, talk about taking all of the guesswork out of it.
What actual tips does it provide?
Let’s look at some of the actual best man speech tips he provides. Firstly how about what in the heck should even be IN a best man speech. Dan talks about how you always congratulate the bride and groom, thank the groom for the honor of being the Best Man, tell about yours and the grooms relationship (how long you have known each other, funny things that you guys did together, etc.) as well as, I have to say a few things I never thought about, such as thanking the bridal party, maid-of-honor, bridesmaids and so forth and reading messages that family and friends who couldn’t attend have sent.
Another tip is how long the best man speech should actually be. Dan gives us a 5-7 minute time limit before people become restless and/or bored and tells us how to translate that into written pages.
So what’s BAD about Dan Stevens’ Best Man Wedding Speeches?
I don’t know if BAD would be the optimum word, but like every other product out there it does have a few flaws.
- Dan gives us a VERY comprehensive guide, and when I mean comprehensive, I mean long and a little tedious. It is very thick with tips and examples which can overwhelm the typical reader. So it’s really best to break it up into sections.
- This is NOT a how to do it at the last minute type of guide. Dan recommends you start at least 3 months before the actual wedding date if not more, so by showtime you have a polished product you can perform with ease.
Okay, what is GOOD about Dan Stevens’ Best Man Wedding Speeches?
- Dan really holds your hand through the entire process, reassuring you every step of the way that you are not alone in the anxiety you are possibly feeling.
- The tips you get in this book will translate to anytime you have to speak publicly. So that you always come across as a poised and polished speaker.
- Within the book you are given 20 examples of actual best man speeches as well as 100 quotes, sample toasts and even poems you can use, really taking all of the guesswork out of writing the entire thing.
- Not only to you have Dan walking you through everything, but he gives you a wonderful bonus. You will get an email consultation with the author himself. When you have questions or get stuck you have a professional speech writer at your disposal. That alone is worth it’s weight in gold.
What do I think of it?
Best Man Wedding Speeches – How to be Fearless, Funny and Flawless! is one of the best step-by-step guides out there. Even I as a professional actress found little nuggets of wisdom I will definitely put use in my next audition. Yes, audition (I told you you could translate these tips anywhere.) This guide is jam packed with information that is thoughtfully laid out and broken down into easy to find chunks. You will never be left guessing with this handy program. If you have just become a best man and/or starting to write your best man speech, I highly recommend getting Best Man Wedding Speeches by Dan Stevens. I found it an invaluable resource, and I think so will you.
I hope this post has helped and good luck with your writing,